torstai 21. helmikuuta 2013

LAST DAY IN POKHARA

Time flies. Almost seven months in Nepal and now it is my last day in Pokhara. 

In the morning captain and his wife took us over the lake with our luggage. Strange, no more rowing or kayaking for couple of moths. In Finland lakes will be frozen... hmmm...

Beautiful warm morning and crispy clear mountains were making the journey over the lake enjoyable. Even the homeless people at Lakeside looked happier and smiled more than in during many of previous cold weeks.

last time over the lake
Captain and his house
 

Me and my fresh stomach flu (started this morning, stomach flu number 27 or something) went together with Zelda to meet Pokhara group participants at Alternatives office on New Road. Stomach flu decided it is not my day to work and I returned back to Lakeside.

Now couple of hours `office` work and I have done my volunteering for Change for Change. Tomorrow morning we will see our participants on our way out from the city. Week from now I will be in Delhi.

I have been missing my family and friends in Finland, now I have started to miss my Nepali friends and Nepal. I try to comfort myself with Henry David Thoreau`s words: "Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes."
 






1 kommentti:

  1. Tervetuloa Suomeen! Ajelin juuri äsken Lapinlahdelta Rautavaaran kautta Lieksaan; kohta olet itsekin näissä lumisissa maisemissa. Mutta kevät tekee tuloaan...

    VastaaPoista