maanantai 6. elokuuta 2012

AMAZING PEOPLE

Are not only the Nepalese people.

All of them who are working in this Chance for Change organization are dedicated professionals, even to that level that you can´t even tell when they are working and when not. Atmosphere is relax even thou everyone is doing long days and in crucial moments of the project...And I thought I had good working moral and ethic...

I might actually learn something during my voluntary time here! ;-)  Already now I can thank not only the Chance for Change organization but Andy, Greg, Louisa and Andy´s family Annette and Alex (is it really Alexandra.. did I even spell you name right?). I had amazing time and I felt myself really welcomed.

Before departure to Ghyampesal I did some last minute shopping´s: BOOKS! Who needs food if you have something to read?? Books are all about Nepal, its culture, ethics, language, religion and food. After taking the picture I did bought one more: Culture Shock, a Guide to Customs and Etiquette Nepal. I think it will be a interesting book to read during that one month on my own in the village with all the lovely Nepalese people who wants to get to know me... Apparently not too many westerns have been living there!

But for sure there is one more book to buy! I met tonight Linda Cruse who also will visit  Ghyampesal later on. Her book Marmalade and machine guns just come out and is on my NEED TO BUY list!! All of you who have ever thought about chancing you live in order to do charity work or help others.. check this out!!

Andy and Louisa might help me with the blog but I might not write too many blogs during next weeks or months.. At the moment I am happy and feeling privileged and fortunate! On to the bus after few hours, next pit stop is waiting for me!
some of the books and diaries I bought, missing marmalade and machine guns...
In the land of happiness you can see all aspects of life in one look



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti